On July 2, 2021, the IRS published a DRAFT 2022 Form 1099-DIV. This new form includes the following key changes:
- The 2022 Form 1099-DIV will be a continuous use form.
- The FATCA filing requirement checkbox is now Box 11. This caused the following renumbering to occur:
- OLD Box 11 for reporting exempt-interest dividends from a mutual fund or other Registered Investment Company (RIC) is now NEW Box 12.
- OLD Box 12 for reporting exempt-interest dividends subject to the alternative minimum tax is now NEW Box 13.
- OLD Boxes 13-15 for reporting State Income Tax Withheld are now NEW Boxes 14-16.
Although these changes are in DRAFT form, be sure to check your tax reporting packages and vendors for updates next year!
Have a look through the new DRAFT via the link below:
Make sure to follow Comply Exchange for more industry updates and subscribe to the Comply Catch-up for a full industry round-up at the end of each month!